Work Visa for China details
Processing your working visa in China? full details of the process below.
Process of getting your work (E2 Visa) for South Korea
Getting your E-2 Visa is heavily orientated on getting your documents legalized in your home country first. After your documents are ready, the application and acceptance procedures are straight forward and fast
Process for getting an (E2 working visa)
This process can take a few weeks to organize, and must be completed before we can arrange interviews for you.
Stage 1: Documents and Offer acceptance
1. Notarized copy of your BA Degree (Do NOT use your original degree certificate)
→ Prepare a copy of your BA Degree
→ Have the copy of your BA and CRC (2. Below) notarized by a notary public (Lawyer or Solicitor with notary public authorization in your home country. A list of the lawyers/solicitors who can do this can be found by doing a Google Search)
→ Have the notarized copy legalized by the document legalization department (for Apostille Authentication) which is usually located in the largest city to you.
The following departments are responsible for issuing an Apostille Authentication of your BA degree. Please contact the department in your country directly for more precise details:-
c.) Australia: http://www.apostille.com.au/
e.) New Zealand: http://www.dia.govt.nz/apostille
2. Notarized + Legalized (Apostilled) CRC Criminal background check (FBI Criminal background check USA)
→ Submit both your BA degree copy and your CRC for notaryand legalization together (follow the legalization details above)
→ Must be issued within 6 months of your apply date
→ First, Contact the government for a criminal backgroundcheck in your home country, this can take 2-3 weeks to complete.
The following departments are responsible for the CRC in each country:-
c) Australia: http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks.aspx
d) Ireland: http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?Page=1548
→ In most cases you will not need to have your CRC notarized by a notary public before legalizing it as this is a government issued document. Regardless, we recommend asking about your CRC notary when you make the notary of your BA degree copy to avoid error
→ For Americans, Have your Apostille authentication of your CRC completed in Washington DC in ALL cases. Submit your application in person OR send a friend OR use a company to have the aposille completed in person on your behalf. Mail applications can take up to 6 weeks
3. Original, SEALED university transcripts (2x copies)
→ Contact your university to issue 2 sets of university transcripts. Do not open them
→ One copy will go to the Korean Embassy in your home country for your visa, the other will be sent directly to your school in South Korea.
4. Apply online at http://southkorea.findworkabroad.com/apply enter your details and upload your legalized (apostilled) BA degree copy, your Legalized (apostilled) CRC check, Passport (Photo page copy) and a full faced photo of you. Apply for jobs in South Korea of which you are most interested in, or you may discuss you best options with our recruitment adviser once we call.
5. Wait for our call/contact to discuss options, check you application and submit for interview with employers in South Korea
6. Interview and accept an offer, Sign an employment contract and return to us
7. Health statement
Print, complete and sign the E2 Visa Health statement for South Korea Click here to download this document
8. 5x Passport sized photos
Stage 2: Send all the prepared documents to South Korea
Copy of original BA degree with Apostille/Legalization
One set of sealed university transcripts
Notarized criminal background check with Apostille/Legalization
Health check statement
Photocopy of the information page of your passport
Copy of your resume
A signed copy of the contract
Two passport-sized photos
2. Package and send via courier to your school South Korea
Make sure you package your documents in a strong cardboard document holder and send only via express international courier E.G. DHL/FEDEX. On the fastest possible service. This will cost around 50GBP/80USD. Do not use local international mail services as these take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
3. Wait 7-10 working days for your Visa Authorization number
Your employer in South Korea will apply for your visa. Once completed they will issue a Visa Authorization number which appears in this way: ABCO 0665592
4. Apply for your working visa at your nearest South Korean consulate
This can be done in person or by mail. Application for E-2 visa documents are as follows:-
1) Completed E2 visa application form (See South Korean Embassy links below)
2) Passport with at least 18 months validity available and 2x blank visa pages
3) 1x passport photo
4) BA degree Transcripts SEALED 1x copy
5) Fee: Cash/Card or money order, for more details visit your nearest embassy's website
Note: Make sure you apply for a multiple entry visa
South Korean Embassy details in each country:
Stage 3: Book flights and fly to South Korea
After you get your passport back with the E-2 Visa you can go ahead and book your flights to South Korea. Let us know the dates you'll be flying and we'll make sure the school is ready to collect you in the airport.
Stage 4: Arrival in South Korea
After arrival, the school will handle all the details of registering you with local authorities and will not usually need to hold on to your passport at any stage. After entering South Korea you're ready to get started in your new career!
Article Author: Attilio Infante
Date: 17/04/2015 06:42
Attilio Infante, the owner of Find Work Abroad, has processed over 150x working visas in Guangzhou.
More visa articles: